BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

adsense

Statcounter

Monday, December 7, 2009

Denny Davidow BMX Wheelie Through Newport Beach

Photo © Brad Fanshaw

This is one of my favorite pictures, Denny Davidow and I were doing photos for a Free Agent bike test. It was about 1983 and we had been at some riding places in Costa Mesa and Denny was busting berms and jumping his brains out. Denny was a great rider to work with because he was easy going and would always push it for the lens. Over the years Davidow had ridden for bmx teams like Bassett, Skyway and now Free Agent. I remember that he was one of the unsung riders of the 70's and 80's, this is a guy who on any day could give Stu, the Patterson's and even Ronnie Anderson a run for the money.

We were having a great day and I had shot a bunch of photos, but it was time for some tacos. Denny and I headed to Newport Beach where he knew of a great place to eat. While sitting beach side this girl goes skating by in this hardly there swimsuit. Denny asks, "Did you see that?". How couldn't I, she was in that suit and just skating back and fourth. She skates by again and from the rear the suit was even less!

Just then, I spotted the sign- "Far Out Bikinis". I jumped up and shouted to Denny, "Grab your bike and I'll get my camera!" He looked at me like I was nuts, because he had no idea what I was doing. When she came skating by again, I stopped her and asked if she would like to be in a photo, no need to ask twice. Denny came by doing the one-handed wheelie and it is now vintage retro bmx history.

Purchase a hi-resolution copy of this photo on an 8x10






0 comments: